May 10, 2010

brianna's series of unfortunate events

so many things happened to me that just made my day so much more worse than it had to be.
first of all, i was already in a bad mood because of things that went on in my weekend - and i can't even explain all that because it would be a book long and none of you would read it haha.
but then you know, i started getting ready for my day, getting dressed for work that started at 9a.m. while trying to just suck up being sad and change my mood on my own by thinking about how alex will be coming home in just three months! so my day started getting better until i realized while i was brushing my teeth that my clock by my bed said a different time than my phone did. my clock was showing 8:20 while my phone was showing 9:20. so i was 20 minutes late to work and i wasn't even dressed yet. i rushed out the door and as i drove down the street, realized i left my purse. i needed it because it had my checks in it that i needed to cash. i turned around yelling at myself, grabbed my purse, and speed off. then as i got down the road, i looked down to see my gas was BELOW empty. i quickly got to the gas station, swiped my card, and started pumping my gas. i had no time to sit there and fill it up, so after i reached 10 dollars, i pulled out the pump. but stupid me, i was still holding onto the lever, so all the gas just kept going and it landed all over my legs!! so i spent an extra like dollar on gas that didn't even make it into my gas tank, but all over me. i was so mad. now i stunk like gasoline.
i finally got to work about an hour late. got yelled at. my job today was to cut tubing at 33 inches. well, i accidentally measured wrong. i cut them all at 32 inches. got yelled at again. finally work was over, and i couldn't wait to get out of there - i was so embarrassed for messing up so much.
after i left, i had to bring my checks to the bank and cash them for my bills. so i got into the drive thru lane and pulled up to the window. then i open up my purse and notice, i don't even have my wallet. then the lady in the window says "hi! how are you?".. so i didn't even say anything, i just drove off, and pretty fast because that too was sort of embarrassing.
so i go to school to look at signing up for classes in the summer. i get into an elevator full of probably ten people. then as soon as the doors start closing, i see this girl running to the elevator trying to get in... then i see everyone in the elevator around me not even move to hold the door open for her. so i think to myself : maybe if i do something good today than today will turn around for me. so i stick out my arm and save the door for her. she comes running in, huffing and puffing, doesn't even say thank you.. and then freaking presses number 1 floor button. i just pissed off every person in this elevator for a person who has to go to the first floor!? i swear, everyone starred at me. they all just wanted to punch me, i know it. and i wanted to punch that girl.
finally, i was done with my day. i was ready to go home, take a shower to get rid of the gas smell, put on pj's and relax. so i walk back to my car, and what do i see? my keys sitting on my front car seat. are you kidding me now?
i needless to say, it was just a messy day. after a messy weekend. when are things gonna start going MY way? i can't really complain though, because life could be so much worse.
it stinks that today had to go the way it did, and on top of that, dealing with this deployment that feels like it's taking forever.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that you had a rough day! I hope that you have a better one tomorrow. I know what you mean about deployment. It seems like any time I'm having a bad enough time already... stupid deployment makes it even worse. At least you only have 3 months to go! :D

    - Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. o m g . i feel bad for complaining right now . if i were you i would just sit there and cry .. let it all out .. say a little prayer .. go to sleep and hopefully wake up to an email from alex .. or just a good vibe for the day :) i will say a prayer for you tonight before i go to bed too !

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment.. i love the feedback!